Our mission is to scale and connect organizations to tackle social problems.
We do this in 3 ways:
We help scale social ventures vertically by resourcing each entrepreneur and their team with mentors, funders, and customized training to tackle a problem.
We bring organizations together horizontally to work together to tackle an issue. We focus on bringing together ventures, partners, policy makers, and companies who are all invested in tackling the same problem.
To give you a real-life example, take our Future Cities Accelerator:
1. We identified the need to serve poor and vulnerable populations in U.S. cities, and partnered with The Rockefeller Foundation
2. We built a cohort of 10 startups taking on different sides of urban poverty, including:
- CommonLit, providing literacy training to nearly 1 million low-income children
- mRelief, enabling over 100,000 families to gain access to SNAP Benefits (food stamps)
- Coalition for Queens, improving incomes of low-income adults 4x through programming training
3. We ran a program that resourced them with an army of support, ranging from $100,000 in grant funding to nine months of support from world-class mentors, fundraising coaches, leadership coaches, financial modelers, and access to hundreds of potential funders